I would like to sincerely thank kbailey374 of AFTER MIDNIGHT: A Christian Bipolar for nominating me for The Liebster Award! Please visit AFTER MIDNIGHT: A Christian Bipolar Blog for some great reading!
For the official rules* to The Liebster Award, I visited the above link to the WORDINGWELL blog and have attached them at the end of this post.
11 Questions provided to me by none other than AFTER MIDNIGHT: A Christian Bipolar. Thank you again, I am tickled pink about this award!
1. If you could be something today, something to make you proud, what would you be?
I am going to answer this as though it were a question about my character and personal qualities rather than occupation or something that I do. I believe that it is an open question in this regard.
I would be a mature, proud and confident woman who understands that there is value in all of life’s perceived failures. That failure is an illusion and drives us to a place of fear and regret. I want to love myself so I can love others, learn from my experiences past, present and future and live in each moment, not dwelling on the past or worrying about the future. I would be someone who helps and guides others who are struggling with some of the things I have lived through and offer comfort in sharing my experiences so that they know they are not alone. This is what I strive to be and what would, and does give me pride.
2.Why you started blogging?
I had thought about blogging for a long time but just didn’t know where to start or what to focus on. Finally, I just decided to start writing. Sharing my experiences past and present. It became a way for me to work through past issues and deal with daily life. It helps to keep me on track and keep my mind clear. It has also had the unexpected result of finding a supportive and caring community of bloggers who share some of the same experiences and who are able to help each other through tough times and celebrate the good times and large or small accomplishments.
3. what would make you happy?
In the material sense, increased finances would create less stress and allow more freedom in my life that I believe would lead to at least one pressure relieved and one consistent stressor eliminated. Although I know money is not a solution to happiness.
Philosophically and in my daily practice, I choose to be happy despite the pressures, including financial, and work on my spiritual well being. I try to live in the moment and to find joy in the little things. The more I practice this way of living the happier I am.
4. What is one thing that you can’t live without at the moment?
Quite practically my medication for my Bipolar Disorder. I would like to be more spiritual with my response, but limited to one, that is one this I absolutely need.
5. The book or the movie? The book (then the movie 😉 )
6. Do you have pets? If no, pick one would you would like to have.
I have two cats and four fish.
7. Share your favorite blog and describe in 3 words why?
The Straight Goods Political, Relevant, Truth
8. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Determined, humorous, honest
9. Mountain or sea/ocean?
10. What you do to relax?
Guided meditation. It is amazing and has changed my life. I often listen to Guided Meditation by Lilian Eden and highly recommend trying it at least once, especially if you have bipolar disorder. It has helped to calm and stabilize my moods. If I begin to get stressed about something, hypomanic, depressed, I do an hour or so and come out of it so much more grounded. Here is Lilian’s YouTube Channel where you can find many of her guided meditations.
11. Favorite scent/perfume?
Nag Champa – It is so beautiful and calming. I usually use it as incense.
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I both competed in, and taught snowboarding on and off for over 10 years.
2. I have basic firefighter training.
3. I have no children and do not plan on having any. I love them, but I just have never had the urge to have any of my own. I do wonder if I will regret not having had any once it is too late, but I don’t think that is a good enough reason to have one. I do have a new baby niece that seems to be filling the void.
4. I love cold, sunny winter days with fresh snow that sparkles like diamonds in the sun and that crunches under my feet. I love to see my breath in the air on a day like this. It makes me really happy.
5. I once lived at a truck stop on the Alaska highway with only 8 other people. We worked at a truck stop/RV hookup/bar/motel/restaurant combination. We worked for minimum wage plus room and board. It was one of the best times of my life. I loved the freedom and the endless daylight. The nearest communities were tiny villages at least 45 minutes either way on the Alaska Highway.
6. I come from the province that contains, and I have been to the most easterly point of North America.
7. I have touched a whale.
8. I know how to fix skateboards and snowboards.
9. I have a hand drawn map that leads to a stream where gold dust settles given to me from two old gold miners from my time on the Alaska highway. One day I will go back to find the gold. They said it was for “my eyes only.”
10. I have moved, by myself, during different manic whims to 7 communities in 4 different provinces and one territory all by myself just for the adventure of it. Leaving secure jobs, roommates, boyfriends and family behind.
11. I am thinking of someday writing a memoir. I have a lot of crazy stories.
My 5 Blog Nominations for The Liebster Award!
11 questions for my Nominees
1. What led to your decision to start blogging?
2. At this stage of your life, what is a major lesson that you have learned and how has it affected your life?
3. What do you like to do for fun?
4. What are you struggling with lately?
5. What are you feeling good about these days?
6. Do you tend to remember each day that you only get one life and when you do remember, how does it change your state of mind?
7. Do you have children? If so, would you do it over again? If not, do you plan to (why/why not)?
8. Would you prefer to live in a year round mild climate with excessive rain in the winter months, or in a climate with a cold, sunny winter that experiences the four season as clearly defined climates (intensity of each season is pronounced.)
9. Do you believe that having non-human friends in your home (dog/cat/etc) can have a healing effect emotionally? Why or why not?
10. Where have you visited that has had the most profound impact on you, positive, negative or for some other neutral reason.
11. What event or choice in your life have you once considered a mistake and for which you have experienced regret that you now accept as a lesson, and have freed yourself from regret and negative feelings about yourself because of it?
There you have it. If you chose to accept this award, here are the rules to pass it on to your favorite bloggers:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)